Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help with some basic info on controlling an LED matri

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICD2 interchangable as a programmer also ;)

i click build and it builds, downloads and runs the program ;)

hehe. Maybe programming is not as fast, but it is many times faster than taking the chip out of circuit or even using a custom ISCP lead.

Hehe

Under MPLAB 7.11 (and before, but not 100% sure when it started being in the menu) You can set the ICD2 as the programmer. Works just the same a picstart, but for any PIC with ICSP. which is cool.

Got some 10F breakout boards comming soon, gonna play with them :D

pittuck said:
ICD2 interchangable as a programmer also ;)

i click build and it builds, downloads and runs the program ;)

hehe. Maybe programming is not as fast, but it is many times faster than taking the chip out of circuit or even using a custom ISCP lead.

Hehe

Under MPLAB 7.11 (and before, but not 100% sure when it started being in the menu) You can set the ICD2 as the programmer. Works just the same a picstart, but for any PIC with ICSP. which is cool.

Got some 10F breakout boards comming soon, gonna play with them :D
I built my own ICD2 and I love it, it programms any Microchip PIC from 10F to DsPIC and also Debugging features are cool.. :D

Jay! I was wanting to build that ICD2 clone sometime that was linked in your info. When I click it now, the site has been hacked/replaced by some 'T Online' portal junk! :( :evil: Do you still have the plans anywhere?

bonxer said:
Jay! I was wanting to build that ICD2 clone sometime that was linked in your info. When I click it now, the site has been hacked/replaced by some 'T Online' portal junk! :( :evil: Do you still have the plans anywhere?
Damn, that was a good site !!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fortunately I HAVE schemes on my hardrive, I will post them here ASAP.
Don't worry, you will have your own ICD!

Either use latches, or use an additional microcontroller, and have them communicate with each other so they both know what to display at the right time. Which method is best? Depends on how much programming you want to do to either control the latches, or communicate with other chips, and also the the number/cost of latches, if their boardspace or cost would exceed that of another chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back