Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help with simple circuit...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwalber

Let me start by saying that I am a mechanical engineer. I am building a basic circuit for when a secret switch(capacitance) is pressed. A light over a pool table will raise and lower. I've attached a circuit diagram with red boxes over the part I dont understand. I am also looking for a way to ramp the motor up so the light doesn't jerk when engaged and also not to ramp down too much because I don't want the motor to have enough stored energy to drive through the stop switches.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please ask questions....I didn't really know what else to add.

**broken link removed**

You want a capacitive touch switch to activate a motor to raise something.
You want the same switch, upon being touched again, to lower something.

Does this summarize your objective?

I think you want a device called an H-bridge:
H-bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.... Probably use something called a limit switch to stop the motor when it reaches the desired terminal position.

Do you have a particular motor that you want to use?
Sometimes you can get suitable motors at used auto parts yards, or surplus stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back