please help with project

Status
Not open for further replies.

krivo321

Hi, I'm a product design student here in Italy. I am working on a project and could use some help. I would like to designing a clock that is split up in 15 minute sections meaning a total of 96. After all 96 light up I need it to start over again from the begining. The first problem is that a LED would make it to big seeing that there would be 96 of them. Is there another option other than using LED's?

Also could someone explain how I can go about doing this. Is something like this on the market to buy? Or do I have to build it myself?

I have attached a couple of sketches to show what I am looking to do.

thank you

Attachments

• sketch.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 146
There are led bar graphs, 10 leds in a single package, but still 20 leads to solder... 96 LEDs too many? I just did a 54 led light, burned up most of them I think, horriable failure. Just suck it up and use LEDs simplest/cheapest solution, just takes some time soldering. I did mine in a single day, etching a PCB-smoke.

Do you want just one LED on at a time, or have them stay on until all are reset?
One at a time, would be a 4017 counter (need 10 of them), the data sheet will tell you how to cascade them.
Stay on, would be a shift register, there was something in this forum last week...

thank you for your help but I have found another way to go about my project that is simpler and more efficient.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…