Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help with project

Status
Not open for further replies.

krivo321

Hi, I'm a product design student here in Italy. I am working on a project and could use some help. I would like to designing a clock that is split up in 15 minute sections meaning a total of 96. After all 96 light up I need it to start over again from the begining. The first problem is that a LED would make it to big seeing that there would be 96 of them. Is there another option other than using LED's?

Also could someone explain how I can go about doing this. Is something like this on the market to buy? Or do I have to build it myself?

I have attached a couple of sketches to show what I am looking to do.

thank you

Attachments

• sketch.jpg
    sketch.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 144
There are led bar graphs, 10 leds in a single package, but still 20 leads to solder... 96 LEDs too many? I just did a 54 led light, burned up most of them I think, horriable failure. Just suck it up and use LEDs simplest/cheapest solution, just takes some time soldering. I did mine in a single day, etching a PCB-smoke.

Do you want just one LED on at a time, or have them stay on until all are reset?
One at a time, would be a 4017 counter (need 10 of them), the data sheet will tell you how to cascade them.
Stay on, would be a shift register, there was something in this forum last week...

thank you for your help but I have found another way to go about my project that is simpler and more efficient.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back