Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please Help Verify My PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colossus

I designed my circuit using the ExpressPCB software. I will be ordering 3 components at 3.8" x 2.5". The device transfers audio frequencies into LED light pulses. The sound and signal input is supplied by a male to male audio cable. This cable can be hooked up to you computer's sound card.

Please let me know if you see any mistakes before i submit it to expressPCB. Thanks.

http://onfinite.com/libraries/1513462/750.jpg

http://onfinite.com/libraries/1513463/992.jpg

What does the connector datasheet call for? They often have a recommended PCB layout.

Does the tone decoder need a regulated supply?

Last edited:
I added some ripple protection caps to the 7805. They're probably unnecessary since I'm using a battery. I had planned on having a DC jack.

There's no amplifier in this circuit, and I have no idea how much of a drain it places on the signal. It's possible it can cause an impedance mismatch, and if so, my equipment might be toast...

I am using it to control 4 LEDs. The audio frequencies are generated by a PC program and the LEDs blink accordingly to the number of cylces per second. I still think it would be better to use a USB microcontroller because 9V battery life isn't very long.

It's supposed to help you relax by listening to calming music and attaching the LEDs to glasses. The official product is at **broken link removed** They cost about $150 so i though i would make my own and see how well they work.

I have it hooked up to my breadboard as we speak. But i didn't make it on PCB, i figured i would go big. I tested it using low frequency generating software. Every time a pulse occurs on the audio signal it corresponds to a light flash.

Last edited:
Well that's why i came here to ask you if it's safe? Does the circuit look good enough to use for the long run without having to worry about any problems?

I am using the LED leads to connect to each other. I used a piece of wire to connect the cathodes of the right side to the anodes of the left.

As you can see i'm using a SPDT switch which can switch between two outputs. In your opinion what is the best option for configuring the LEDs?

Also, do you think i should integrate R2 near the LEDs instead?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back