Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help : USB IR Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenn

Hi, i am currently to a project which require me to do some electronic circuit. I have a simple infra remote control (Future Kit 410), and i am suppose to connect the reciever with a USB port in order to connect to the computer. When the transmitter button is press, it have to send a signal to the computer tp trigger a program. I have no idea how i can connect the USB port to the reciever, neither i know how to send the signal to the computer. please help if you know. thanks.

I know how to do this, but I've been at it for quite a long time. You might want to get your feet wet by lowering your sights just a bit. This is not something that can be picked up and accomplished in a weekend.

Check out the FTDI, Inc. website for USB to serial converter chips, and tell me if you understand how to apply those chips.

Last edited:
Actually i need to do this for my school project. >.<

Anyway the USB to serial converter chips u refering something like converting the signal of the infra remote to something the computer understand right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back