Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help, something wrong with my motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

indie

does anyone know here about the principal of electronic control in servo motor work?? i mean about the electronic circuit there?? how they worked?? cause i thing the problem comes from that part... :)

thank's
indra

:D
what kind of servo motor is? DC , AC or stepper (the most used is DC type), and what is the max power of this motor, because the sistem used deppend by this factors.

indie said:
Does anyone here know about the principle of electronic control in servo motor work? I mean about the electronic circuit there? How do they work? Because I think the problem comes from that part... :)
Servo's a generic term that can mean lots of things, so I'm guessing you're talking about those 3-wire radio-control servo motors.

The circuitry inside is a bit complicated, but what it amounts to is the motor also drives a small potentiometer, and the circuit uses this potentiometer to tell where it is so it can move to where it's supposed to be. They've got three wires - power, ground, and signal. Power and ground are pretty self-explanatory, I think they need around 6v or so. The signal line takes 50Hz pulses, which should be between 1-2 milliseconds in length. 1 millisecond means all the way to the left, 2ms means all the way to the right.

If the circuitry in the servo itself is fried, you're probably out of luck, but if it's just a gear broken you might be able to get replacements from the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back