Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help: Receiving RS232 command and output a feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmondli

Hi folks,
Can anyone help me on this?
I am trying to build a gadget to accept a command and output another command via RS232. The input command may consist of 18 Ascii characters and the output will be consist of 10 Ascii characters.
I am using 16F84 for this purpose but I don't know how to read a series of characters via RS232, then store and check them and determine which command I should output. My program now can receive character at 9600 baud.
Can anyone suggest some readings or sample for me?
Thanks!
Edmond

Re: Please help: Receiving RS232 command and output a feedba

edmondli said:
Hi folks,
Can anyone help me on this?
I am trying to build a gadget to accept a command and output another command via RS232. The input command may consist of 18 Ascii characters and the output will be consist of 10 Ascii characters.
I am using 16F84 for this purpose but I don't know how to read a series of characters via RS232, then store and check them and determine which command I should output. My program now can receive character at 9600 baud.
Can anyone suggest some readings or sample for me?
Thanks!
Edmond

Have a look at my RS232 tutorial at , which does all the RS232 parts - all you need to do is read the ASCII bytes into a buffer, then test them. If you look at tutorial9.2 (hex keypad) this stores 4 key presses in a buffer, and checks for the correct code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back