Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please help powering a buzzer from a basic stamp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonesdub

hi
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am trying to use he stamp to power a buzzer for a simple alarm circuit. I can get the stamp to output a simple square wave 101010 ect which will blink an led however i am trying to get it to power a 12v buzzer i was wondering if anyone could suggest a circuit which will amplify my 5v stamp output up to 12v

cheers

Eoin F

bonesdub said:
hi
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am trying to use he stamp to power a buzzer for a simple alarm circuit. I can get the stamp to output a simple square wave 101010 ect which will blink an led however i am trying to get it to power a 12v buzzer i was wondering if anyone could suggest a circuit which will amplify my 5v stamp output up to 12v

cheers

Eoin F

If the current required to run the buzzer is small just use a transistor as a switch. I'm thinking like a 2N3904. Connect it as such: Place a resistor say 1kOhm to the base, connect the emitter to ground, place one side of the buzzer on the collector and the other side to +12V. Finally, connect your stamp output to the remaining side of the 1kOhm.

This is a typical kind of low power drive circuit from a TTL output (your stamp)

Try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back