Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLEASE help find wireless network card

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugo

Hello guys,

I am in need of a wireless network card that allows for multiple transmit power settings (the more the merrier), any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

i dont really care about all those, i am more interested that it supports multiple transmit settings. Thanx

What power levels are you looking for, and for what reason? Usually the hardware uses the best possible transmit power level.

Last edited:
i am conducting and experient and i need to use as many different transmit power as possible. there is a cisco 350, but it only supports 6 different transmit settings and it would be awesome if i could find one with more settings, do you guys know of any?

Set your transmitter to it's maximum power and make an attenuator for it. That would make far more sense. Some of the peeps here good with RF may be able to help you with a variable attenuator. Obviously the frequency is in the 2.4ghz range.

Hopefully from other users here. Wait for someone else to respond, don't be impatient. What you need is a variable 2.4GHZ attenuator.

thanx, does anybody know how i would set up the attenuator, and which one i could use in order to use with a laptop set with a wireless card??

wireless card

thanx, does anybody know how i would set up the attenuator, and which one i could use in order to use with a laptop set with a wireless card??

It will have to be a wireless card which has or accepts an external antenna connector.

Do you need to know the actual levels or just be able to vary them?

My first thought was to use a foil or metal sleeve over the antenna adjusting how much of the antenna is encased in the sleeve. This would vary the signal strength from the antenna. Worth a try, easy and inexpensive.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back