Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

please give any idea/concept for wrong AC Phase Sequence detecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahu

i am trying to detect wrong AC Phase Sequence.
please give any idea/concept for wrong AC Phase Sequence detecting.
those are as ,
if i connect RA0 R PHASE,RA1 B PHASE & RA2 Y PHASE .
if any bode by default connect any phase any port . whats concept for wrong AC Phase Sequence detecting..

There are many phase sequence detecter design on the web using small neon bulbs or LEDs. But as you mention Ra0, RA1 and RA2 I suspect you mean how do you do it using a microcontroller. My first idea would be to make three peak detectors detecting the positive peak (You could also use the negative peak but it must be the same peak for the three phases.) of the three phases. Use one peak to start a timing sequence then log the time of the peak on the other two phases. You will then know the phase squence.

Les.

Can also use zero cross detection as well. I suspect that's how many of them do it.

Trigger an interrupt on Phase A's Zero-Crossing.
Measure time to Phase B's Z.C. and to Phase C's Z.C.
If Phase B is first, you have one situation, if Phase C is first, you have the other

The simplest way I can think of is to square up the signals into pulses, and use phase A to set an SR flipflop to enable the phase B input and use phase C to reset the flipflop to disable the phase B input. If you see a pulse at the phase B input then you know that the rotation is ABC. Otherwise it's ACB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back