Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

platform stabilization

Status
Not open for further replies.
What size/weight platform? How many dimensions does it move in? What power supply? What accuracy do you need? Can you program a microcontroller? What electronics and engineering facilities are available to you? What is your skill level? What is your budget limit?

For a small platform, a 2 or 3 axis accelerometer, a pic or atmel processor and a couple of rc servos, there are lots of examples on youtube.

hi, thanks for your reply. I am already using mma7260 accelerometer and pic18f4550. but output gives variation of around 20mV. I want perfect platform stabilization. I want to make laser to be perfect itself even platform moves. weight will be 500gms. i requires x,y axis. power supply will be any voltage in dc. i want high accuracy.

If you're talking accuracy of a fraction of the laser wavelength then I don't think an accelerometer will do the trick. IMO you would need to use an optical displacement-sensing system (interferometer?) for each axis.

I want perfect platform stabilization.
Have you ever noticed that nothing in this world is perfect? You need to specify how close to perfect you want to get. Also we need to know what kind of moves will the platform do and what settle time you need.

Did you think about solving this purely mechanically, e.g. steadycam mount?

Last edited:
So can´t you just put a big weight below the thing and let gravity center it? You will need to balance it once when you build it and from there it should be perfect every time.

u have given me good idea. but there are chances to getting error of 0.002864789 degree...
any other option have you to do complete plateform stabilization?
any IC should i use??
any ready made system is available??

I have an idea, this was used in a weighing cell of a precision weight, but it might be usable for this case too.

The thing used a closed loop system, made of a pair of photodiodes and a solenoid. The solenoid acted as feedback trying to get the needle right in the middle between the two photodiodes. You will have trouble making such system mechanically stable, but it might work for you.

Just one thing, how does the assembly look like from mechanical point of view, are you able to "watch" some reference points attached to floor, or does this need to be standalone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back