Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plasma glass ball project

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikesmixes

Hey, does anyone have ideas how to make a plasma ball?
That glass ball with HV inside, that gets attracted to ur hand when u touch it.

I think it is a simple verion of a tesla coil....?

ANy circuits or ideas....?

mikesmixes said:
Hey, does anyone have ideas how to make a plasma ball?
That glass ball with HV inside, that gets attracted to ur hand when u touch it.

I think it is a simple verion of a tesla coil....?

ANy circuits or ideas....?

Well.... I don't think the high voltage generation would be tough.. but I believe those things have a special gas inside that shows the fancy colors when ionized. Maybe Argon or something like that. where you gonna get it? and how could you get it inside and seal it up? Those problems are probabaly the biggest challenge.

A light bulb does work. Here's a much better place to ask that question, they're all into high voltage & plasma globe stuff.

https://www.4hv.org/

thanks for the website.

I read somewhere that if u build a tesla coil and hold a fluoro light tube near it that it will kind of glow.

I think a light bulb could work.

Let me knwo if anything other ideas come up

No, a normal light bulb won't work near a tesla coil, a TL-lamp will...
But then again, you yourself can strike lightning from your fingers with a tesla coil .. feels quite funny :lol:

yes you need one of the tube light bulbs.. (not sure of the name) and when you hold it close to the tesla coil it will glow (mine glows green) you might be able to buy the globe filled with gas, but odds are it wold be pricey. oh the funs you can have with a tesla coil..... great fun to throw lightning :D :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back