Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pioneer VSX-827 -k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I just picked up a pioneer HT reciever for nothing because it isn't working, when you provide an input signal on any of the inputs, including tuner, there is a very low volume distorted output on all 7 channels, I presume it would be a fault in the power circuit given that it affects all channels, any advice on how to trace the problem? I have an Oscilloscope, multimeter, signal generator and other gear but not a lot of experience. Thanks for any help.

What they taught me 50 years ago:

always suspect the power supply first and always suspect the electrolytic capacitors unless proven otherwise.

Well, I opened it up, carefully took some of the boards out that were connected to the board in the base that had most of the power circuit and the output on it, visually inspected everything and put it all back together, turned it on and after about 3 seconds it switched off never to turn on again, I don't know what happened, it just came apart and went straight back together, now I have an even bigger problem, dammit.

Agree with BH. Look at the nominal power supply values and ripple for the original problem.

All channels could originate in the electronic source selection, so injection and tracing also works. Bisecting the path is usually the least time consuming.

Well, I opened it up, carefully took some of the boards out that were connected to the board in the base that had most of the power circuit and the output on it, visually inspected everything and put it all back together, turned it on and after about 3 seconds it switched off never to turn on again
Could be a blown fuse?

Do you hear any clicks? Some designs have relays that open when the power supply is drawing too much current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back