Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pioneer SX-205 "Power Off"

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorteddiode

Wouldn't turn on so I checked the ac side and found a bad solder joint at the main transformer. Now it turns on for a short time then displays "Power Off" I found an amp tansistor bad and replaced it (Q3) a 4.7 ohm resistor (R365) and transistor (Q303) Replace the bad parts and still says "Power Off" after a few seconds. Tested electrolytics and didn't find any bad. Anyone have any ideas I Need Help!!!!!
Schematic at the link below.
I decided to replace all the power amp transistors so Q1, Q2, Q3, & Q4 have been replaced, still goes to "Power Off"

Error

Have a DC offset voltage at the output? If you have V at the output look for a bad component. Could be a R that change value. Try removing Collector V of all output and apply PWR. and see if protect circuit comes in.

Maybe the Service Manual will help. Send me a Private message with your Email if you can't download it here.

Attachments

• SX-205RDS_Service_Pioneer.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 428
Thanks leal, I forgot about the DC on the output, I'll check it. I have checked the emmiter resistors in circuit and they both show 6 ohms, but I'l pull them and try that.
Also, Thanks to hotwaterwizard for the manual. I'll let you guys know what I find, Thanks Again

Well I figured it out, I pulled a rookie mistake. I checked my capacitors for good ESR but failed to check them for shorts. Found a filter cap with a dead short in it, what's the old saying about a dog chasing it's tail? Thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back