Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pioneer head unit brake bypass

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJWatUC

I saw online I could use a relay to bypass brake switch on the pioneer head unit. I want use something smaller is there another way of doing this. this is how its wired to a relay-pin 30 green(parking brake) wire from radio pin 86 and 87 are Black (ground) wire pin 85 is Blue(remote) wire. So when I turn on the car the radio comes on then powers the remote wire which in turn grounds the parking brake wire from the radio. Any body have a suggestion

are you sure its not like a svc control, its a cortrol that varies the volume in relation to vehicle speed, but usually only on oem head units

They can have a mute line (sometimes called a phone mute) or a dimmer line from the dashlight controller.

To make the unit turn on you normally need 3 wires;
1. RED ign power or switched power (+12v)
2. YEL/RED or YEL battery power (always powered +12v)
3. BLA or BROWN is ground

Is it a head unit with dvd player and screen? Mine require to be wire to the park brake because to have the dvd to work I have to apply the hand brake twice to confirms that I'm parked. You can use a small switch wired to ground to simulate your e-brake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back