Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin numbering of a PLCC_32 socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcox

Does anyone have the pin numbering of a PLCC_32 through hole socket?

I did a Google search but could not find a 32 pin socket with the pin numbering.

The IC data sheet only gives the pin numbering on the IC. I need to know how to connect to thepins on the PCB.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Any PLCC32 to throughhole device is likley going to be an adapter. They're usually surface mount. They should be keyed in some manner. Exaclty what IC are you talking about, what connector?

No I managed to buy some sockets.

I intended to take a photo, but my wife has gone away for a couple of days and has taken the camera with her.

So my apologies for the poor scanned image.

I can, of course, use a multimeter to buzz out the connections if I have to, but would prefer a diagram.

Attachments

• PLCC_32 socket.png
    PLCC_32 socket.png
    311.4 KB · Views: 340
The meter is probably going to be the only real way, unless someone around here happens to know off the top of their head. BGA adapters aren't commonly used by electronic hobbiests.

Look at the bottom of the socket under a microscope. Most that I have seen have tiny markings.

mneary said:
Look at the bottom of the socket under a microscope. Most that I have seen have tiny markings.
Thanks for the tip. I can't see anything with a strong magnifying glass, so I'll borrow a microscope.

hi len,

Attached a Z84SKT1.pdf, showing a larger plcc84, it may help to decypher the plcc32, they are arranged in the same sequence.

try this:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
In case someone else needs this info, here it is extracted (and processed) from the web site Eric posted above.

Attachments

• PLCC_32.png
    PLCC_32.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 313
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back