Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

Is there any default for the layout of pins? I just got a tda7000 chip in the mail and have no idea which pin is which

This is the datasheet, the pin discriptions are all there.
**broken link removed**

If you mean you don't know how the pins are located on a ic:
When you place the IC in front of you with the notch on the left, the lower left pin is pin 1, then count forward like on this image
**broken link removed**

If you mean you don't know how the pins are located on a ic:
When you place the IC in front of you with the notch on the left, the lower left pin is pin 1, then count forward like on this image
This is always always true?

Thanx :D

got some more questions about a schematic of a receiver that i am going to build.

1. What does pin 13 connect to?
2. Why are all the pin numbers all over the place on this schematic?
3. To the left of pin 6, there are 3 capacitors, the 18 pf and the adjustable cap, and then the 4.7 pf in parallel with those. Do I have to have all of these caps? I'd like to just make my own LC circuit. I have a couple 3-56 pf tunable caps. Can I do this?

Thanx sooo much :lol: . I couldn't do it without ya :D

Attachments

• tda7000.gif
    tda7000.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 897
The pin numbers are "all over the place" to make it easier to draw, and you don't have lines crossing others leaving you to wonder if they're connected or not..

Pin 13 goes to the antenna thru a capacitor. The picture I posted would be easier for you to follow. The pins are where they are suppose to be.

You know this is a Mono FM Radio and you need an Amplifier on the output to hear it.

Pin 13 goes to the antenna thru a capacitor

Then what is that other lead right below it? Are they both connected to antenna? that's wut i thought at first

zachtheterrible said:
Pin 13 goes to the antenna thru a capacitor

Then what is that other lead right below it? Are they both connected to antenna? that's wut i thought at first

It's the positive battery connections (follow the line), the two terminals connect to either side of a dipole aerial. You could use the negative supply rail, which is more usual, but they are identical as far as AC is concerned.

Something else about IC's and their representation in schematics...

Very often, you will find the pins arranged in a "flow" manner, with all of the various "input" pins drawn on the left side of the device, all of the "output" pins drawn on the right side of the device, with supply voltage at the top, and with ground at the bottom.

To see what I mean, take a look at the schematic symbol for the LMD18201 below. This is typical of the device symbols supplied with many software packages -- this one happens to be from ExpressSchematic.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back