Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pin Details Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

I have a transistor,
RADCOM --May be company
BC557 --IC Number
B 228

I searched for the data sheet,
but the Pin details are different in diffent datasheets ...
(all diff company's, cos i did not get RADCOM data sheet).
May i know what i can do?

Test it with a multimeter.

The BC557 is a PNP transistor, set your DVM to the diode tester setting, put the negative probe of your DVM on what you think is the base and the positive probe on either of the other legs and it will indicate continuity if you've got it right.

Then when you know which is the base you can find the emitter and collector which is a bit more complicated. I've never done it myself but I assume it can be done by connecting the collector to the base via a 100k resistor, the collector to a 6V supply via a 1k resistor and the emitter to 0V. Swap the emitter and collector pins, the configuration which results in the lowest collector voltage is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back