Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piezoelectric Transducer with Arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

saini

I want to drive piezoelectric transducer with resonant frequency 110khz and input voltage 70 volts ac with arduino. I generated a square wave of same frequency with arduino than converted it into ac voltage using RC filter than for the step up I used transformer small getting amplitude of 67 volts peak to peak. When I connect piezo to transformer the amplitude falls to 2 volts. The piezo is not working.
Is there any other way to drive this piezo?

Thanks in Adavance

The piezo transducer needs more power than the Arduino can provide. Use a transistor to drive the transformer with plenty of current for much higher power to the transducer.
Or maybe your transformer does not work at the high frequency.

For high power use, piezo transducers are often driven using a self-resonant circuit, i.e the transducer itself, not an Arduino or whatever, determines the oscillation frequency. This allows resonance (hence maximum output) to be maintained even when the transducer is mechanically loaded by the acoustic transmission medium.

The piezo transducer needs more power than the Arduino can provide. Use a transistor to drive the transformer with plenty of current for much higher power to the transducer.
Or maybe your transformer does not work at the high frequency.

Can you please suggest which transistor should i use?
Is there is any other way to drive piezo transducer without the transformer circuit

A transistor is selected by calculating the spec's of the piezo transducer with the spec's of the transformer.
An amplifier with a few transistors and a high voltage power supply can amplify the signal from the Arduino to 70V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back