Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICkit3 Standalone Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobW

Does anyone here have any experience with the PICkit3 Standalone Programming Software?
The reason why I ask is that I developed a little project that has received some interest from a few people who have electronics experience but have no PIC experience. I think it would be far easier for them to use the standalone programming software than try to install MPLAB, go through the rather involved procedure of setting up a project just to download a hex file into the PIC.

This would likely be a no brainer except that the standalone programming software doesn't appear to be supported any longer. Last update was version 3.10 in 2013. So I'm not sure if this is such a good idea. The PIC used in my project is a 16F684 which is listed as being supported in the this software.

Just download it and see if it does what you want. Most likely it will. The 16F684 is over 10 years old, so it should be supported ok.

I would if I had a Windows PC to use it with. Unfortunately I don't have one handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back