Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICkit3, mplab, mplabx, mplabx ipe, microcontroller, pickit, pickit3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernage

I am using pickit 3 clone and mplabx ide v6. I am getting errors like "target ide 0x0", "connected fail" on mplabx ide, pickit3, mplabx ipe. I tried many ways power editing etc. pickit3 is connected but it can not read file i downloaded. How can i solve this problems?

Is anything else connected to any of the PIC pins used by the PICKIT interface?
Normally the only thing you should have is a 10K resistor from reset to power, on the PIC board.

Also, what is the cable length from the PICKIT? It can only work with very short connecting leads, up to a few inches.

Is anything else connected to any of the PIC pins used by the PICKIT interface?
Normally the only thing you should have is a 10K resistor from reset to power, on the PIC board.

Also, what is the cable length from the PICKIT? It can only work with very short connecting leads, up to a few inches.
pickit3 can not read, write hex file therefore i can not do pic board things. Usb cable is pickit's own cable and its short.

Is the PICKIT selectable as the programmer/debugger in your MPLab project settings, while connected to the PC?

The PCKIT does not "do" anything or read file itself, it's slave peripheral controlled by other software such as MPLab, so MPLab or whatever needs to be told to use that specific device?

The "Target ID" message is shown near the beginning of the programming sequence.

It won't continue past that unless it is connected to a target device with the correct PIC in it, that matches whatever is configured in the project.

An ID of zero means it's not communicating properly with the PIC you are trying to program.

We use the ICD rather than PICKIT programmers, so this won't be exactly the same, but it may give you an idea of the type of result you get from a successful programming:

MPLab_Output.jpg

I have just noticed that you are trying to program a PIC16F18446 using a PICkit3. As far as I know the PIC16F18446 is not supported by the PICkit3. The PICkit4 works with this PIC.

Les.

I should read the posts properly. I just noticed PIC16F18446 while scrolling through the posts and jumped to the the wrong conclusion that it was the TS's post. I had read through the posts looking for the PIC being used but I did not notice it when I was looking for it.

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back