Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICKit3 firmware ... MPLABX 3.40 . win7 . solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

granddad

Most Helpful Member
Seems to be one of MC's unsolved issues here , I was having a few program freezes with PIC24 debug ( probably a super bug i had coded ! ) so I wondered about PK3 firmware it was 1.28.70 , ( used to be 1.34.17 but lost that ! ) MPLABX :p said latest should be 1.44.26 , but refused to reprogram the tool ... turned to MPLAB 8.92 it could not see the PKFW .jar file , eventually ! found and copied the PICKIT3.jar ( in MPLABX dir )changed the extention to .zip ! extracted the FW files, moved all these to one directory, opened MPLAB 8.92 , and did a manual reprogram of the PK3 from this directory ... success. Thought I would share ..

Just been using mine, and the output window shows:

Connecting to MPLAB PICkit 3...

Currently loaded firmware on PICkit 3
Firmware Suite Version.....01.44.26
Firmware type..............dsPIC33F/24F/24H

Target voltage detected
Target device PIC24FJ64GA002 found.
Device ID Revision = 3046

Device Erased...

Programming...

A search of the MC forum posts suggest MPLABX in certain circumstances will not update the PK3 firmware , it would not on my two PC's although a clean build ( no previous versions ) apparently will think it also depends on PK3 version currently installed , until above fix all i could do is turn the versions backwards !
1.44.26 I believe is latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back