Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit2 programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently started working on pickit2 programmer. I have observed that it can identify the controller connected to it as it throws warning if my selection and actual are different. How does the tool knows about this? Please help.

Each pic has an ID inside the chip.... If you are using the newer chips, Pickit2 may not work... I have had to upgrade to pickit3 so I can program pic32's.... Even the pic12f1840 needs pickit3 now...

Each pic has an ID inside the chip....

Only true for 'modern' devices, back when I was writing PicProg and WinPicProg I really wanted a way to identify the chip, but it wasn't available back then.

But as Ian said, a PK3 is a better solution than a PK2 - although it's worth keeping the PK2 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back