Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICKit2 No device detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

recursos

Hi all,
My PICKit2 has been working nicely for a few months.
Yesterday, and without any faux pas in connecting the ICSP etc., it just stopped recognizing device under test.
Tried several boards, always the same.

Today I connected it to the 44-Pin Demo Board that came with it, and upon launching the PICkit2 Programmer app, and setting VDD to 5V, the demo board LEDs started running etc.
But it reported "No device found" all the same.
Then in Tools\Troubleshooting, I went thru all steps, and everything is OK.
The 32KHz waveform is not so good, but that is probably my old scope's merit.

Then I decided to see with the scope if when doing a Read the PGD would toggle; it did, and, surprise, the board's 16F887 was now recognized.
Back to the real boards (PIC18F6722), and now it reads them and recognizes the devices.

I use no cable: the ICSP connects directly to the PICkit's socket.

And I did not dream this.
Any ideia of what could be wrong?

Rec

There is a self test mode in the PICKit2 2.61 software. This lets you test the VPP,PGC,PGD & AUX on the PK2
Thanks Bill.
That was what I just used, my second paragraph "Then in Tools\Troubleshooting, I went thru all steps, and everything is OK.").

The PICkit2 reported "No device found" for 1 day, next day the same, but after I did the troubleshooting steps, it behaved well and has been ok ever since.

Rec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back