Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit2 - Max Vout = 4.86v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Hope everyone is fine.

It's no big deal but the max output voltage I can obtain from my Pickit 2 is 4.86v. Did the calibration routine but that had no effect. Voltage levels are all pretty accurate up to 4.8v when manually selecting them. Wondering if I should take a peak inside. Any tips?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Hi,

Hope everyone is fine.

It's no big deal but the max output voltage I can obtain from my Pickit 2 is 4.86v. Done the calibration routine but that had no effect. Voltage levels are all pretty accurate up to 4.8v when manually selecting them. Wondering if I should take a peak inside. Any tips?

Thanks in advance for any help.
the output cant be better than the maximum that USB socket could supply.
how ever, during the process, the measured value is expected to be entered in the box indicated and it is to be save with some arbitrary name. I used the four digit value like 4765 for 4.765V DC from USB. it would tell us what was the input from USB. There after it would do the correction.

in case of trouble, it would flash a message even as you open it.

i feel, as long as Vpp is OK at the value set Like 11.5 or 12.0, the Pickit2 should work WELL. do you have any issues while programming a chip?

Hi,

Everything works ok, no problem programming. I measured the usb +5V rail and it's at +5.05V. Must be dropping a little voltage within the Pickit2. It's no problem at all. Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back