Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICKIT 2 supported PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I am working on a 3 Phase inverter project. I am already successful running single phase inverter using 16F877. So I already have modified the program for 3 phase.
Problem is I am not getting PIC controller-
1) which have atleast 3 CCP modules
2) which is PICKIT 2 compatible
3) which is available in India

I have searched MAPS ( microchips website for searching parts ). Done much research but one or the other condition doesn't match my requirement. Can you suggest any PICs?

However I have got a vendor who have PIC16F1939 having 2 CCP and 3 ECCP modules. But problem is I don't find it in MPLAB IDE ( it is not available For PicKit 2 programmer). I use MPLAB just to burn hex file. Somewhere I read I can program it using the PIC Kit2 software directly. My Pic kit 2 ( hardware) is a clone copy not original. Can I program this chip ( hex file ) using my Cloned Pic kit 2? Also which version of software?

Last edited:
it is not available For PicKit 2 programmer
May be a PK2 clone problem ,
PK2ok.jpg

Also I haven't practically burnt 16F1939. I first want to make sure it can be programed with my PK2 ( I am using it since 3 years to program 16F877A ) and which s/w?
After that I will order the PIC.

Will clone not run the PK2 Standalone ? (2.61)

Last edited:
Some of the midrange PIC's you have to build a HEX file in MPLAB and then run the standalone to program the device.

I use MicroC to create program and generate hex.

So I assume the hex can be burnt into PIC16F1939 with my PK2 using PK2 stand alone s/w. Right?

Assume nothing ... As a start try the PK2 standalone with an 877 and a HEX file... are 1939 costly in India?

Have built a few PK2 clones and programmed many chips without a problem, if yours has a Pic18F2550 chip then cannot see why it should not work.
Can you specify / link any details of your PK2 ? or do you know if its program is Microchips firmware V 2.32 ?

I programmed a 1938 just last month - all ok, would be very surprised if your Pk2 clone would not program it.

You can download Pk2 V2.61 from here, at the very bottom of the page.
https://www.microchip.com/development-tools/downloads-archive

Have built a few PK2 clones and programmed many chips without a problem, if yours has a Pic18F2550 chip then cannot see why it should not work.
Can you specify / link any details of your PK2 ? or do you know if its program is Microchips firmware V 2.32 ?

I programmed a 1938 just last month - all ok, would be very surprised if your Pk2 clone would not program it.

You can download Pk2 V2.61 from here, at the very bottom of the page.
https://www.microchip.com/development-tools/downloads-archive
I have ordered the chip. I'll let you know if it works. Thank you all for your help. I was totally disappointed. Now let's see if it works.
Thank you!
Take care you all.

The 16F1827 has 4 pwm modules and is supported by the PicKit2.

I've never had the occasion to use the PWM modules, so can't comment on how many there are (although 4 sounds quite plausible) - but the 16F1827 wasn't supported by the PICKit2, which was the reason I bought a PICKit3 at the time. They later added it to the PK2 software, but not to MPLAB - I've just checked MPLABX 3.55, and it's still not included there.

So basically same situation as the PIC16F1939.

PK2 probably needs the last supported device file (PK2FWupdate 1.62.03 zip is the one I have) , I also used 1827 /25 I think on PK2 , found the "Auto import HEX" option worked well ,( An MPLAB build auto calls standalone and programs device , and runs it .. cool ! most of the time ! a error build , stops it :( ), found the 44 pin 1939 is a really useful device.

Think OP was concerned about a microc hex build and PK2-clone compatibility... not been there though .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back