Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pick and place robot....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakshya

i wanna make a pick and place robot... i already have the arm.... i need wat all do i need to move it... i mean do i need to write a prog in c
or can even relays work..... if its in c programmin how do i interface.... i have no knowledge about it.... so can i plzzzz help me with the basics....

Lakshya,
We're going to need more to go on. Sounds like quite an undertaking if you have a limited amount of experience.

Tell us about the arm--make and model if you have it or was it home-made. Could you post a picture?
Is the pick and place application forever the same picking and placing or do you need it to be programmable and to change from time to time?
What are you trying to pick and place?
Do you have a tight budget and a lot of time or a lot of money and a little time?
Is this for school, work, or hobby?

Thanks,
Dale

Last edited:

it does not need any reprogramming... its for pickin up soft toys( teddys and all!).. it also needs to place those soft toys which it has picked.... and we want that arm to move in3-D space region...... It shud pick the toy from anywhere (i.e. left right or centre) and then place it in any direction that is left right or centre... also v have limited budget and time i.e. around 2-3 months..... its not for school level... its college level... its our last yr project..... hope to receive a reply from u soon!!!!!

in that case, the arm should have eyes to see the toys and also see the destination. in fact, u need programming

Lakshya,
You still need to provide the necessary information before anyone can help you. If you only give a general description without any details, you can't get any help with any of the details.
Dale

pick and place robot...

see the thing is i have to make the arm does very basic things.... theres a pic that i'm giving to u... its in the attachments...In constructing our arm, we use three
stepper motors and gears since our structure is
a three dimensional structure.
There is a stepper motor at the base, which
allows for circular movement of the whole
structure; another at the shoulder which allows
for upward and downward movement of the
arm; while the last stepper motor at the wrist
allows for the picking of objects by the magnetic
hand. i hope i make myself clear... i need to use 8051 micro controller for this job.... i really need ur help... thanx..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back