PICDEM 2 Plus and ICD 2 help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

coden4fun

Hi, I'm a programmer, and new to electronics. A company gave me a PICDEM 2 Plus demo board to go home for 2 weeks and sorta play with it, however, I have been unsuccessful getting all the hardware to talk to each other.

i was wondering if I could get help or a really good tutorial that went through step-by-step through installation, so I can start working with this demo board, and program something really cool.

Right now I'm using the following.

1.) CCS C Compiler
2.) MPLAB v7.60 IDE CCS C compiler is currently the compiler
3.) PICDEM 2 Plus demo board self powered
4.) MPLAB ICD 2 debugger currently being powered through the PICDEM 2 demo board
5.) lapotp connected through USB

I have a sample code that has been successfully built correctly and compiled, however I get a couple of errors trying to talk to the ICD

[sourcecode]
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.
')
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.
')
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Downloading Operating System
ICD0255: Download OS failed.
...Download Operating System Failed
ICD0092: Internal: Communications: Attempt to operate on unopened comm channel
ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
[/sourcecode]

fails to connect each time.

It even said reading 0x21 expecting 0x84 wrong OS, and I said download the correct OS, but that failed as well.

Please help. I rather code and debug my code than installing hardware. i'm a programmer, and I'm not very good at installing hardware.

thanks,

C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…