Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICDEM 2 Plus and ICD 2 help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

coden4fun

Hi, I'm a programmer, and new to electronics. A company gave me a PICDEM 2 Plus demo board to go home for 2 weeks and sorta play with it, however, I have been unsuccessful getting all the hardware to talk to each other.

i was wondering if I could get help or a really good tutorial that went through step-by-step through installation, so I can start working with this demo board, and program something really cool.

Right now I'm using the following.

1.) CCS C Compiler
2.) MPLAB v7.60 IDE CCS C compiler is currently the compiler
3.) PICDEM 2 Plus demo board self powered
4.) MPLAB ICD 2 debugger currently being powered through the PICDEM 2 demo board
5.) lapotp connected through USB

I have a sample code that has been successfully built correctly and compiled, however I get a couple of errors trying to talk to the ICD

[sourcecode]
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.
')
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.
')
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Downloading Operating System
ICD0255: Download OS failed.
...Download Operating System Failed
ICD0092: Internal: Communications: Attempt to operate on unopened comm channel
ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
[/sourcecode]

fails to connect each time.

It even said reading 0x21 expecting 0x84 wrong OS, and I said download the correct OS, but that failed as well.

Please help. I rather code and debug my code than installing hardware. i'm a programmer, and I'm not very good at installing hardware.

thanks,

C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back