Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC24 sample selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - K8LH

It's time for me to try a new technology and I was just wondering which PIC24 series PDIP package samples are popular and why? Has anyone jumped into this new series recently? Comments?

TIA. Regards, Mike

I went for the pic24FJ64GA002 as it was nearly pin-compatible with the pic18F25J10 that I had been using before.

The extra processing abilities of the 16 bit core makes going back unthinkable.

Diver300,

Thank you. That's the one item I have in my samples cart so far so it makes me think my very brief research is on the right track. There are just so many Data Sheets to go through yet and that's why I thought I'd query you pioneers.

Do you happen to know if there are PIC24 devices in a 40 pin PDIP package that I haven't come across yet?

Regards, Mike

Do you happen to know if there are PIC24 devices in a 40 pin PDIP package that I haven't come across yet?

Regards, Mike

Just had a look on Microchip Direct - PIC24F MCUProduct Family & PIC24H MCUProduct Family and didn't find any 40 pin PDIP packages for PIC24, only 44/QFN & 44/TQFP and upwards. Through-hole packages appear to be limited to 18, 20 & 28 pins SPDIP.

Last edited:
With assignable pins, we have found that we can prototype each I/O function using veroboard and a 28 pin IC. The code can be developed and quirks found.

It is only in significant projects that more than 28 pins are used, and projects like that we do on PCBs.

Assembler or C?

It's time for me to try a new technology and I was just wondering which PIC24 series PDIP package samples are popular and why?

Just out of curiosity, Mike, are you planning to work in C or Assembler?

Minutes ago I run across this:

Microchip Technology User Forums

Would like to hear your comments, after you try them.

Hi atfarrari,

I ran across that thread awhile ago too.

I'd like to use assembler and C on the PIC24 series.

Will let you know what I'm doin' once I receive samples and get something up and running.

Regards, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back