Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic24 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

beast1125

I am trying to interface a pic24FJ64GA002 MCU with an RFID reader module. The pic is a 3.3 Vdd device but the RFID reader runs on +5V. Anyway, in using UART to communicate between the two devices, I am not able to tell from the data sheet whether or not the pic24 can communicate with 5V TTL signals from the RFID reader. Any help would be appreciated. I have attached links to datasheets for both devices.

RFID Reader:
SparkFun Electronics - RFID Reader ID-12

pic24FJ64:
**broken link removed**

the data sheet for the pic24 is the first one on the list...

PIC24 digital I/O pins (except for analog capable pins) are all 5v tolerant. The question at that point is whether or not 3.3v is high enough of a signal for the RFID reader to register it as being high.

page 232 of the PDF shows the voltage ratings on the digital pins being 5.5v max (6v absolute max)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back