Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18FXXXX Programmer Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

smith777

Actually I am planning to program my PIC18F, and I want to build my own PIC programmer. If anyone of you guys has an easy and reliable programmer circuit that does not need external power source I will be happy to see it.
here is a very easy one could you check out and give your opinion:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Are you even sure that your computer has a parallel port? If so, how long it could last that PC?

My opinion: buy one from Microchip and go for bigger projects.

Are you even sure that your computer has a parallel port? If so, how long it could last that PC?

could you clarify how to check my laptop if it has parallel port or not, and what you mean by how long it could last that PC
for me 50 $ is expensive do you know cheaper one?

Check prices with Microchip / representatives.

Most probably your laptop has not it. Look for this.

parallel port connector.jpg

Buena suerte.

CAUTION!

My understanding is that parallel port PIC programmers (or their associated software), have a happy knack of not working with USB-Parallel converters.
????

JimB

could you clarify how to check my laptop if it has parallel port or not, and what you mean by how long it could last that PC
for me 50 $ is expensive do you know cheaper one than the
Check prices with Microchip / representatives.

Most probably your laptop has not it. Look for this.

View attachment 85118

Buena suerte.
I have the same, but mine has three rows each row has 5 slots does it work?

for me 50 $ is expensive do you know cheaper one than the

I have the same, but mine has three rows each row has 5 slots does it work?

No, it's not the same, it's considerably shorter - and is a VGA socket.

No recent laptop is likely to have a parallel port - nor any recent desktop either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back