Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F542 and CD Controler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZERS

Hi everybody,

first of all I'm a newbie here so I do apologize for my dummy questions.:oops:

I do apologize as well for my english (I'm french :) )

Well, I have been building my own cd player for several weeks now.
All the digital and analogical parts are almost completed (drive, dac, psu..) but now, I need to build the controler for my CD player.
This controler will manage the CD mechanism, 5 push-Buttons and 1 LCD.

I've found a single example based on the PIC18F452, but it is very HARD (impossible :evil: ) to get information back from the guy who built the controler.

However, I decided to get this µC from microchip and I was lucky :D some samples were available. I get 3 of them free. 8)

But now, here come troubles : I don't even know how connect the parts to the µC.

To sum up, the PIC must be linked to :

1- 5 push-buttons in order to send commands to the CD mechanism (the drive) :play, stop, pause, skip fwd, skip bck
2- 1 LCD in order to display the data received from / send to the drive. the LCD is a 14pins one, 2*20, 8 bits.
3- The drive. The drive communicate with the PIC thanks to a DSA bus.

So the PIC receives commands from the buttons, convert them in "DSA bus" and send them to the Drive via the DSA bus.

While CD is playing, the PIC receives information from the DRIVE (track #, elapsed time, etc, etc) in DA bus, convert them and send them t the LCD for beeing displayed.

So the questions are :

1- How I connect these items to the PIC.
Should I use :
5 pins on port A for the buttons ?
8 pins port A for the LCD
?? pins for the DSA bus on which PORT ?

2- Altough the DSA bus, is it possible to programm with interrupts ?

3- Which frequency for the PIC ?

Thanks for your reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back