Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F4550 board with RS232 level interface built in Tx and Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuanvoi

Hello,

I have PIC18F4550 board which has RS232 level interface built in (has only Tx and Rx pins). I also have bluetooth module which has configurations like D9 connector. I want to connect my bluetooth with my PIC18F4550 RS232 level. I will connect the Tx of bluetooh to Rx of PIC18F4550 RS232 level and Rx of bluetooth to Tx of PIC18F4550 RS232 level.

My question is do I need to connect the CTS, DCD and DTR together because I don't use these pins???

Thank you

Tom

hello,
My bluetooth is RS232 level version. So it should compatible with my PIC.
How do you set the baudrate and FOSC of PIC18F4550 appropriate?
Thanks

RS232 levels are +12/-12 You can't use that on a PIC directly. You can use a series resistor to receive at those levels because of a PIC's clamp diodes, but you can't transmit usually.

Hello,
My PIC has RS232 level translator. So I think it is fine to connect my bluetooth directly with the PIC.
How do you set the baudrate and FOSC of PIC18F4550 appropriate so that it is compatible with 9600bps, 8 bit?
Thanks

Read the PDF for your PIC, the equations for calculating the baud settings you need are right in there.

Hi,

there even me i need to do the intercaing of Bluetooth module "ericsson ROK module" with USB through PIC18F4550 any one help me

Thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back