Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic18f4550 and temp sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HakBot

Hello,

I have an interface board build around the pic18f4550 chip. This is the board I have: **broken link removed**

I have previously been using this board to control an rc servo. I would like to use this board to create a temperature monitor for my pc. I found the Microchip TC1047A sensor and I think it would work well for this project. My question is just about connection and usage. Do I connect the sensor to an analog input, do an analog-digital conversion and then just read the registers and im done? Somethign like this:

while (ADCON0bits.NOT_DONE); // Wait for conversion
buffer[0] = ADRESL;
buffer[1] = ADRESH;

and the result of the conversion will be stored in buffer[0] and buffer[1]. Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back