Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F452 & LCD connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZERS

Hi all,

I was wondering whether I could connect a 4 bits serial LCD to the PIC18F452 using the PORTD .

the Pins allocations would be :

LCD RS --> D0 pic
LCD RW --> GND
LCD E ---> D1 PIC
LCD D4, D5, D6 D7 ---> D4, D5, D6 D7 pic

Do I have a chance that it works ?

Regards

Re: PIC18F452 & LCD connexions

ZERS said:
Hi all,

I was wondering whether I could connect a 4 bits serial LCD to the PIC18F452 using the PORTD .

LCD RS --> D0 pic
LCD RW --> GND
LCD E ---> D1 PIC

That's not a serial LCD?.

It's just a standard LCD text module, with a parallel type connection, you can easily connect it to a single PIC port in 4 bit mode. Have a look at my PIC tutorials where I do just that! - personally I connect RW as well, this allows the LCD to run as fast as possible.

Re: PIC18F452 & LCD connexions

Nigel Goodwin said:
ZERS said:
Hi all,

LCD RS --> D0 pic
LCD RW --> GND
LCD E ---> D1 PIC

That's not a serial LCD?.

It's just a standard LCD text module, with a parallel type connection, you can easily connect it to a single PIC port in 4 bit mode. Have a look at my PIC tutorials where I do just that! - personally I connect RW as well, this allows the LCD to run as fast as possible.
Ok thanks nigel.
The problem with yoiur tutorial is that they are writting in assembler. And I do not understand assembler. :oops: :cry:
A C-Code will help me to understand :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back