Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F886 MIDI Audio generator/player [Speark Out]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoulGrym

Hey So I've got this little or big project. I'm trying to figure out how to do this.
My project is to make a little midi player. Something that can understand the midi standard and then of course play the song.

• Notes to Audio conversion
  • How to generate the signal
  • storage of midi songs 1 or more depending on size? 8kb? *Overwriting*
  • Using serial port to upload new music.
  • Having a LCD menu to choose songs from [debug?]. Audio indications of options.
  • Battery driven, also if there would be other means how to make it even small IC then a PIC for manufacturing? what to use from Asia.

That's a few of my questions that I need to tackle and I'd really appreciate any sort of information how to proceed. Specially understanding of how you generate audio with a speakers membrane vibrating, how the +/- switching works and so forth.

Cheers PoulGrym

Thanks for taking your time!

P.S Using a MPLAB v8.4 with a usb connected dev board. Programing and testing is easy!

Last edited:
You might take a look here:

"Piano" with RTOS [PIC24]

An amazing polyphonic keyboard running on a small PIC.

This was really great resource. I'll be spending a few hours to review it. I'm still very interested in more sources in the audio part, a good explanation would be awesome if one knows a good one. I'm a quick study, just I learn much better by seeing something once. Then I can start to understand the system much better.

Thanks everyone for suggestions. Still I need to use this particular PIC16F886. Future projects will give me more freedom of choice.

From the Project above "Piano" with RTOS [PIC24] It tells me I need this compiler installed.
Installed HI-TECH PICC STD compiler (PRO version will not work).

Could some one give me a hand on what this is. If I would need to buy it or if there is a free or trail version I could use.

Thanks for any help.

P.S I've found that my school got the Pro if that's any help. It asks for STD version. Where do I find that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back