Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16f88 programing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepa

Trying to program PIC16F88 using P16pro40 and the winpicprog software.
Config settings are internal oscillator and MCLR pin is used for I/O.LV programming disabled, code protect off.
I get a config fuses verify error for these settings.
If, i change the oscillator to XT or HS, the pic programs fine.

I tried changing the time settings in the hardware option.That didnt help.(Changing these settings gave verufy errors even in XT and HS oscillator settings)

What could be the problem ?

Thanks.

When the oscillator settings are set to internal, which is what i want, i get the config fuses error.When read back, the fuses read back as something random.Its not the same everytime.
Also, when I erase and then read back, it reads back as something random-the program memory, eeprom as well as the fuses.

However, all is fine when the oscillator is selected to HS or XT- verify successful, reads back correctly and erases correctly as well.

If it's only when you set the internal oscillator, it might be that it's starting to run before you can get to programming mode - try setting the Vpp delay to the minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back