Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

nusry

I have a sensor (HMC5843) and it need 3V VDD as shown in the picture (MASTER AND SLAVE NEED SAME VOLTAGE)
and also it has I2C interface.

PIC16F877A has, (digital communication)
0 -SPI
0 -I2C
1 -MSSP(SPI/I2C)

can i use a PIC16F877A as a master for this sensor?
and also i need to connect another 'SPI interface slave' to this master

Attachments

• Capture..PNG
    Capture..PNG
    114.3 KB · Views: 825
You don't need to run the master and the slave on the same supply. As long as you keep the digital voltages on the HMC5843 below 2.2V it will be OK. However, the pic16F877a has an input high level of 0.8 Vdd, so you need the supply has to less than about 2.5 V.

On the I2C bus, the clock and data lines are pulled up by resistors, and there are some 50 kΩ ones inside the HMC5843 which you can if you are using the I2C at low speeds. You should connect the pull-ups to the DVDD.

You should be able to connect several I2C devices to the same master, as long as the addresses are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back