Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16f877A programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mullemeck

Hi!

I need schematics to a programmer for the Pic16f877A chip.

I've tested a few diffrent types but havn't got any of them to work

some help please

go to www.ic-prog.com and see the supported programmer types and see the schematics.u can use Pro Pic or JDM ,JDM requires an adapter.If u make a parallel programmer be careful to set the parallel port to EPP fron SPP in Bios before u test ur programmer.

Good luck! 8)

I have tride a JDM programmer but it didn't work. There is a small chance that i have connected something wrong, I'll try to build it again.

Mullemeck said:
I have tride a JDM programmer but it didn't work. There is a small chance that i have connected something wrong, I'll try to build it again.

guy, try it again, my JDM programmer costs under $5 dollars and I can program Pretty much any "EEPROM's" with it (with additional $1 dollar adapter for the 16f8xx)

and when I say any "eeprom's" I mean any EEproms cause their serial programming architecture is the same in all of them

you can't program the EPROMS (16c54 etc) with JDM, but who cares about those !

p.s. check your com port setup if the programmer is not responding

i have rebuilt the JDM programmmer and it seams to work. I don't get any errors while programming and when i read the pic there is code in it.

the problem now is that the pic doesn't do anything. I can't even get it to blink whit a led..

I can't figure out what's the problem..

aaaa

then you must have some kind of unconditional errors in your program....

like memory allocation or something

most likely the "org" line or the "device" line
or a loop that gets stuck within itself for no reason or something like that

hi (my english is not so good)
I have the same probleme. I have buid an adaptator (my 16F877 use a plcc socket) and it seems to work when i try to programme it, but the pic seems to be empty when i try to read the code. :cry:

I will try to test it with 16F84, but if you found the probleme it's interest me. Thx :wink:

Mullemeck said:
Hi!

I need schematics to a programmer for the Pic16f877A chip.

I've tested a few diffrent types but havn't got any of them to work

some help please

Hi While I have not used the PIC16F877A chip, but I have a PIC16F877 which I plan to use on my next project.

Whilst reading about the PIC16F877 I came across some information on the PICF877A. There are a lot of home brew type programmers that do not support the -A type the reason is the 877 and 877A use a different programming algorithm. I have read that the trick is the software and the programmer need to know and support programing an 877A
Also there is a difference if you want to do high or low voltage programing.
Probably the best information site on the PIC I have come across explains a lot of pros and cons http://www.voti.nl/swp
and his programmer, as far as I know it is free and the firmware for LVP is free.
http://www.voti.nl/wisp628/n_index.html

hi all

i think for pic microcontrollers u should look the data sheet .it reqires only two pins for programming rb6 and rb7

Mullemeck said:
i have rebuilt the JDM programmmer and it seams to work. I don't get any errors while programming and when i read the pic there is code in it.

the problem now is that the pic doesn't do anything. I can't even get it to blink whit a led..

I can't figure out what's the problem..
Hi mullimeck,

the icprog105d programme has not got an auto check the hardare.on COM port. You try to check whether you are on the same port what icprog software indicates in the bottom--if not please change the configuration at 'settings'-'hardware'

also ensure that winxp is enabled. the softwre is working fine for me , --

important to ensure that code protect is not enabled-- otherwise you can't perhaps read the chip .
if you follow the help file fully you should be able to overcome-- NOpoint in going for other programmers-- but be sure that the programming voltage--is proper-- and the I/O delay is at least 12 to 15 units

all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back