Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16f877 newbie to programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike83

I need help in programming this PIC. I want to actually display some characters e.g numbers or letters on the LCD screen. Im not quite sure how this is done, been looking through tutorials but still not clear to me.

Can someone show me or type of some code that will actually do this.

Thanks in advance

thanks for your replies. i will have a read and see how it goes.
Only thing is that i am using PIC16F877 and in the tutorial is PIC16F628.

Are there major differences between the two or does it have different memory locations etc

Mike83 said:
thanks for your replies. i will have a read and see how it goes.
Only thing is that i am using PIC16F877 and in the tutorial is PIC16F628.

Are there major differences between the two or does it have different memory locations etc

The tutorials also give details of a 16F877 board, and exact details of the (very slight) changes needed in the code.

new to pic16f877

I have a real newbie question...

I need to add an assemblier code segment to a program on a 16f877/16f877a to allow for a varible that is used in a circuit to be changed and save to memory..

I am creating a torque convertor controller. and I would like to be able to save a speed that the unit lock up at into perment memory so it can be used after a reboot of the circuit. this is just one of the varible I hope to be saving to memory. I actually eventually would like to add an external eeprom to save diag codes.

I know the chip has this ability. I just cant seem to get a handle on how the actual code works.. can any one direct me to a good site for example and possible help on this area...

Many PIC's include a small area of EEPROM data memory, and you should be able to store probably 128 or 256 bytes in that. Or you can add an external I2C EEPROM - both are included in my tutorials (check the IR one for internal EEPROM use).

i want to controll the timer in the 16F877 microcontroller.........when a pulse input is given......how do i do that..........help desperately needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back