Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F84A Reading input

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse9911

Hey guys,
I was just wondering if anyone knew the specifications for reading data from the PORTB or PORTA pins on a PIC16F84A? I am fairly new at all this, and im not sure what voltage or what not i shoulld be sending to those pins not to damage them. I tried reading the datasheet for the device but its fairly complex for my understanding, i am going to keep and trying though. I want to be able to read an input from an external circuit.

hi,
Assuming your PIC has a +5V supply, you should limit the inputs to between 0Volts and +5Volts.

This applies to both the digital and analog inputs.

Does this answer your Q.?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Thanks that helped a lot. Got a regulator, but i think i burnt out my PIC chip before posting on here :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back