Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F84A Programmer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matasoft

I want a FREE SIMPLE SERIAL or PARALLEL programmer for PIC16F84A!!!!!
I want one that WORKS!!!!
I built a lot of programmers that don't work.
PLEASEEEEEE, give me a simple free programmer!!
Don't tell me to go to that site: :x

There are a whole bunch of programmers out there that are free. I have not used any of them but by what I heard they work good.

Try looking for ICPROG and NOPPP

also...............

Thunder_scream said:
try this programmer ... It work for me... and its really in expensive..
**broken link removed**

you can use ic-prog to program your 16F84
http://www.ic-prog.com

and for more info on 16F84 go to this page
**broken link removed**
Good luck

Ivancho

Matasoft, I understand your anguish at not having something work that is supposed to....Believe me I have built many pic programmers in my time and all work 1st time..........The most popular being the programmer by Jens Madsen( the JDM programmer), using Ic-Prog.....

I've also built the Pony programmer starting with the base unit and adding an adapter to program a 93C series eeprom, again using Ic-Prog....

Most problems I hear about stem from operating systems and serial interface problems....

I am by no means an expert at all, but if you care to email me I will attempt to help you in resolving your issues...

Does this help you ?

What PIC do you have? If you have the PIC16F84-04 then it will not work, as you are going to need a 4Mhz crystal MAX.

it's not the crystal, it's probably the serial communication between the computer and the programmer

i used my pic16c84-04 with 10, 14.318, and EVEN 16 MHZ crystals and they were working fine, i would assume that pic16f84-04's would work as well with 10 or so MHZ crystals

p.s. the pic16f84a-20 can even handle speeds upto 25 MHZ

(verified by me)

8) noppp works brillant the software & hardware is very rel. use mpasm to convert the code to hex ---- only works on the 16c--16f84 chips

ivancho is bang on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

well.... first of all the guy was asking about the programmer (which wasn't
working for him)

and during programming there is no need for a crystal

I HATE PROGRAMMERS!!!

I will never try to build a programmer!!!!
All of the programmers sucks.
Nothings work!!!!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I'll buy the PICSTART PLUS from Microchip.
I want to have my work done now!!!
Not a few years later!!!
aaaaaaa!!!
:evil:

Have you try programming the PIC using a faster computer? I have lot of problems flasing a PIC using 333MHZ laptop. But worked everytime when using a 1.7Ghz & a 2.0 GHZ PC.

Try using a different PC and see what happens.

Good Luck!

Matasoft wrote: Thank you for your help but I have solved the problem.

How did you solve it? Will you share with me your Programmer and software? Thanks in advance.

Test to see if the MCLR pin of your pic reaches about 12V or a bit more while programming.

Some serial ports have a lower voltage wich is not enough to get the pic into programming mode.

The reason it doesn't work under XP is usually because the programmer can't communicate to the serial port. Windows 2000 and later have this security option that completly isolates the serial ports from applications.

But there is a way to override this security setting.
Where you downloaded ic-prog there should be some other file named "NT/2000 driver".
Download and unzip the file into the location where ic-prog was installed.

Then start up ic-prog>settings>options, and then click on the misc tab. Then check "enable NT/2000/XP" has got a tick in the box next to it.

now it it should work fine.

Re: 1111

hi I read all about you did tell of the pic16f84, But I want ask you if the circuit that use for program a PIC16f84 can be the same that use for program a pic16f84A, Someone did put a circuit for program a pic16f84 but I can get the same IC in the electronic store, I get only a PIC16f84A, can you help me and tell me if I will have a problem use the same program circuit that you use.
thanks a lot if you can help me.

tommyc2000 said:
it's not the crystal, it's probably the serial communication between the computer and the programmer

i used my pic16c84-04 with 10, 14.318, and EVEN 16 MHZ crystals and they were working fine, i would assume that pic16f84-04's would work as well with 10 or so MHZ crystals

p.s. the pic16f84a-20 can even handle speeds upto 25 MHZ

(verified by me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back