PIC16F84A i can't do a programming with JDM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aviv

sorry i have (very) bad english, if you dont understand me i well can to explane me again.

i build 3 jdm programmers and i try to program a code to the pic 16f84a and its dont work.
so i buy one more pic16f84a and try and its again dosn't work.
so... i buy JDM programmer + pic16f84a and try and try and try and its not work, i try this with 4 different computer and with many different software like ICPROG and WINPIC800 and i cant to programming heven a little code!
why its dont work?
Has a solution to the problem?

pliz help me, thanks!

Easy answer, don't use a JDM - they are the most unreliable programmer available, and don't work at all on many computers.

Now nobody is using JDM programmers.And very less replies for threads starting with JDM >>>>>>>>>

Apply 5V to VDD & VSS pins in the PIC while programing.

I have the same problem when programing with my laptop. Some serial ports wont supply the needed voltage you need. I have a desktop that programs with a JDM really well.

I've had good luck using PICPgm with the JDM programmer. I used it to put a bootloader on a 16f886 several times yesterday.
Try that. And if it doesn't work then save your money for a good programmer.

i think to try different type of pic... but i afraid that is also dosent work.
so what should i do? to buy programmer USB like pickit2?
and i really don't understand... what's the cause of that problem, with JDM programmer?

and i really don't understand... what's the cause of that problem, with JDM programmer?

hi,
Do you have a voltmeter.?

If yes, then measure the PROGRAMMING voltage on pin #4 of the 16F84 PIC /MCLR [Vpp] , tell us what you measure.

The JDM programmer was more a 'proof of principle' than a serious programmer, it doesn't work well because it requires the PC serial port to exceed the RS232 specification. A PICKit2 should be pretty foolproof, and is a debugger as well as a programmer - well worth buying one or building a clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…