Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F84A i can't do a programming with JDM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aviv

sorry i have (very) bad english, if you dont understand me i well can to explane me again.

i build 3 jdm programmers and i try to program a code to the pic 16f84a and its dont work.
so i buy one more pic16f84a and try and its again dosn't work.
so... i buy JDM programmer + pic16f84a and try and try and try and its not work, i try this with 4 different computer and with many different software like ICPROG and WINPIC800 and i cant to programming heven a little code!
why its dont work?
Has a solution to the problem?

pliz help me, thanks!

I have the same problem when programing with my laptop. Some serial ports wont supply the needed voltage you need. I have a desktop that programs with a JDM really well.

I've had good luck using PICPgm with the JDM programmer. I used it to put a bootloader on a 16f886 several times yesterday.
Try that. And if it doesn't work then save your money for a good programmer.

i think to try different type of pic... but i afraid that is also dosent work.
so what should i do? to buy programmer USB like pickit2?
and i really don't understand... what's the cause of that problem, with JDM programmer?

and i really don't understand... what's the cause of that problem, with JDM programmer?

hi,
Do you have a voltmeter.?

If yes, then measure the PROGRAMMING voltage on pin #4 of the 16F84 PIC /MCLR [Vpp] , tell us what you measure.

The JDM programmer was more a 'proof of principle' than a serious programmer, it doesn't work well because it requires the PC serial port to exceed the RS232 specification. A PICKit2 should be pretty foolproof, and is a debugger as well as a programmer - well worth buying one or building a clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back