Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F84 test board!_PCB ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i gave it a second thought........
how could i make this board work with both 16F84 and 16F627/8 ?
i need to make some changes in connecting the oscilator.....and how the I/O are connected rigt?

bogdanfirst said:
well, i gave it a second thought........
how could i make this board work with both 16F84 and 16F627/8 ?
i need to make some changes in connecting the oscilator.....and how the I/O are connected rigt?

The 16F628 is a drop-in replacement for the 16F84, you can simply pull out the 16F84 and put the 16F628 in it's place. If you want to use the oscillator pins and MCLR as I/O pins, you will obviously have to modify your board - but if you accept the F84 limitations there's no problem.

what about programming the 16F628?
my programmer can program a 16F84 among others, but the 628 is not listed among them.....
i think that it will work....will it?

bogdanfirst said:
what about programming the 16F628?
my programmer can program a 16F84 among others, but the 628 is not listed among them.....
i think that it will work....will it?

The programmer isn't any different, but the software is - particularly the configuration fuse options. As long as your software supports the 16F628 you should be OK.

ok.
i am going to design the pcb now.
i will replace the transistors with a 7ch darlinghton driver, ULN2003.
it has the diodes included too....

The PCB!!!!!!

here is the PCB.

on the bottom there are the 5 buttons, on the bottom right there are the leds.

what do you think? think anything should be improoved?

Attachments

• pic_test_board.GIF
    pic_test_board.GIF
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,444
May I ask ?!

Hi Every Body :D
i would like to ask about the PIC Programmer Circuit for PIC16F84 ?? and if i am already have the PIC Programmer Circuit for PIC16C84 , i think i can use it for the first PIC " 16F84 " or not ?? and also for the test one ?? and if anybody know any related circuits or files cous i need them as soon as posiple
[/b][/url][/list][/code]

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking?, but the 16F84 replaced the 16C84 (and has in turn effectively been replaced by the 16F628).

All three chips should be programmable from most PIC programmers, only very old obscure ones wouldn't support them.

Again

i asking if i can replace PIC16C84 by PIC16F84 in the same test or programming circuit , couse i am already have the circuit for the PIC16C84 ???? what do think now ? :shock:

Re: Again

Prince Egypt said:
i asking if i can replace PIC16C84 by PIC16F84 in the same test or programming circuit , couse i am already have the circuit for the PIC16C84 ???? what do think now ? :shock:

Yes, you can use the 16F84 in the identical circuits.

Hi

Hi every body , now after i can use my circuit with PIC16F84 , so what is the diffrance in the new one " the circuit shown above " and the old one which use PIC16C84 ?? :?:

Re: Hi

Prince Egypt said:
Hi every body , now after i can use my circuit with PIC16F84 , so what is the diffrance in the new one " the circuit shown above " and the old one which use PIC16C84 ?? :?:

None! - the 16F84 replaced the 16C84, basically because of poor code protection on the 16C84 (there was supposed to be a way to turn off the code protection without erasing the chip - by applying a high voltage pulse - the 16F84 cured the problem).

Sorry what do you mean ?? i cant under stand you , and about my main question there are any problem to use th attaceh circuit to use it with PIC16F84 or no " sorry the pics it seems old sorry again !! :cry: "

Attachments

• TEST_PIC.JPG
    TEST_PIC.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 1,333
Stepper motor

Ive just read the 3 page and you talked about using stepper motor with PIC16F84 (or equivalent)

Ive just got 2 and Ive wanted to to a small webcam stepper motor control

Ive never done any PIC programing but im curently reading a realy good tutorial about it (70 pages :p)

So ive just wanted to know if there is any simple way to plug 2 stepper (BIPOLAR) to a serial or parallel port of a PC and control it with only the PIC (no other IC) and some transistor or anything simple (i cannot get "cheap" part at a canadien radioshack... :S....here its the only electrnoic shop around here)

thx and sry for my english (Im from quebec)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back