Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic16f628 and pic16f628a

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
I know this question has probably been asked before, another post reminded me to ask this one.
I have a project that uses a '628a, it makes use of the rs232 port and also the external osc on timer1 with a 32kc xtal.
I programmed a '628 and plugged it in just to see if it didnt work, it didnt timer 1 didnt oscillate which was to be expected as the osc on the '628 is different, but the rs232 didnt work either, even when I doctored the code.
Does the '628 not have a uart and the '628a does?, looks like it.

No, the 'a' is just a 'later silicon revision', only extremely slight changes are required, basically the config fuse settings - the specs are identical.

Try looking at the datasheets.

Timer 1 on the '628 is rated for 200kc, whereas the 'a' is 32kc, so the osc setup could be diffrent, maybe thats why the timer isnt running.
The migration data sheet doesnt mention anything about the uart, maybe the pic I tried was a duffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back