Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16f628 and lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawson,
I would suggest you to first make sure that your programmer really programs the PIC. Try with some flashing LEDs and then only try interfacing a LCD. I have successfully interfaced a LCD to PIC16F628A, and if the hardware connections are correct, it is very easy. You can check my blog if you want.

- Raj
Experiments with PIC16F628A

Did the OP say he is using a LVP ?
If so make sure you pull low with a 10k resistor pgm after programming your chip

Last edited:
be80be: yes i am using an lvp

I have now got the circuit working but I have had to put a reset switch into MCLR slthough MCLR is not enabled. and pull pgm low

I did have it enabled once in my first led flash circuit but it has been trned off ever since then, the pic obviously doesnt think so though??

any ideas why?

Last edited:
If you use LVP you can't use pin RB4 it has to be pulled low after you program the chip
RB4 is PGM that's the pin that lets you use LVP

ah thats why it didnt work without it then lol.

Any ideas why I have to put MCLR high? is this the same reason?

Guess I will have to get a hvp programmer if i need the extra i/o's. Any1 know of a home made hvp programmer that will do the job? prefarbly usb?

ok thanks for all the help. now I think i will try to get a switch to display a different message so i can make a menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back