Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16F60 - blink an LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigE4u

I would like to use PIC16F630 to help me as a beginer to the world of microcontrollers. According to the schematic, i can build my own "cheapo" programmer but unfortunately its not using the serial port type. Can someone post a reconfigured 9port, will this work for me and this software to program? Link... http://pp06.sourceforge.net/

Ps- My plan is to create the "knightrider" effect using only 6 LEDs.

Attachments

• PIC and programmer.gif
    PIC and programmer.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 3,119
Last edited:
Do a Google for Ponyprog....There you will find a serial port programmer and software..It works very well :)

Last edited:
I would like to experience building one myself for starters just to get an understanding before i get to prebuilt ones. Any help converting shown schematic from 15pin to 9pin(serial) layout would be greatly appreciated.

BigE4u here two easy to make programmers The one on the top left of this link it LVP
**broken link removed** And this one is good to start with **broken link removed** It works with icprog and is easy to build
What you posted is not a programmer it a circuit to hook it to the wasp628 programmer
http://www.voti.nl/wisp628/

Last edited:
The 15 pin connector goes to a Wisp684 programmer...

The above cct is for programming the 16F630 using that programmer...

Have a look at the link I posted earlier, it is a much easier programmer to build....Unless you want to buy a Wisp...http://www.voti.nl/wisp648/

Last edited:
Thanks for the links and i do realize that the schematic i posted was to be used with a Wispxxx programmer which i dont need. While the RCD programmer looks ideal, im not sure how reliable it is using the power from the port as its primary source and other cautions stated. Thats why i like what i found because it uses a seperate +5v source to power the PIC i'd like to use but unfortunately i need a 9port serial instead of the shown 15port connector. Again, if anyone can help with the rewiring for a 9port for that circuit, it would be greatly appreciated.

if anyone can help with the rewiring for a 9port for that circuit, it would be greatly appreciated.
What programmer are you going to use all I have seen is this and it's not a programmer.
pic-and-programmer-gif.30747
And if you read every thing people say and don't try it for yourself you'll never build one. The RCD work fine on a computer that can run windows98 people can't get them to work are using new computers Xp

That's a programming adapter for the Wisp628, it cannot be converted to a serial programmer.
I've said that two times today lol
1 here
all I have seen is this and it's not a programmer
and 1 here
What you posted is not a programmer it a circuit to hook it to the wasp628 programmer

Last edited:
Guess I just wanted to drive the point home.

This is a Wisp628 schematic, you still need a preprogrammed PIC for it to work. It's about as complex as my original Inchworm ICD2 design but the Wisp628 has limited PIC support and not MPLAB compatible.
**broken link removed**

You no what get's me is It's not hard to make something better if you know how it works.
You can make some changes to the RDC and use it's own power.

While the RCD programmer looks ideal, im not sure how reliable it is using the power from the port as its primary source and other cautions stated. Thats why i like what i found because it uses a seperate +5v source to power the PIC i'd like to use but unfortunately i need a 9port serial instead of the shown 15port connector. Again, if anyone can help with the rewiring for a 9port for that circuit, it would be greatly appreciated.

Where is the circuit for the 15 pin connector you refer to?

I looked at the link in your first post and there is no reference to a 'cheapo' programmer...
There is an El cheapo...which is a parallel port type.....

Last edited:
So many choices to be had to find the right one to build.

I might as well buy an assembled one instead, much simpler.

My biggest hurdle would be actually programming of the PIC itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back